
I want to share with you one of the most amazing quotes that I have seen. These words are attributed to Maya Angelou:
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”How true! How true! How true!
I can't tell you the exact words that my grandfather said to me when I was a child. And I don't have a treasure trove of memories of things that he did. But oh, how I remember the way I felt around him... I felt loved, and adored, and seen.
What we say and what we do is not as important as how we make others feel.
How true! How true! How true!
Let me ask you a question: if you could choose how you were going to be remembered by other people, wouldn't you choose to be remembered because you made them feel heard, seen, valued, cherished and loved?
I pray, dear God and dear reader, that we all spend less time trying to be clever or to do things that get us noticed and that we focus more on making the people with whom we interact feel wonderful just as they are.
With love,

Rabbi Brian
And, if you care to, click here to see comments on the streetprophets site where this article also went up this week.

